The Best Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Chinese
Cauliflower Fried Rice will trick your tastebuds in the best way possible! After Allie was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, I was always trying to find ways to make recipes healthier. Swapping cauliflower rice for traditional rice is a simple way to incorporate more vegetables into your lifestyle.
This recipe comes together in about 20 minutes. It can be a quick weeknight meal by just adding a lean protein. I typically make a double batch on the weekends to use as lunches or sides throughout the week. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower rice (I use Trader Joe’s)
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare frozen cauliflower according to directions on the package. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a high-sided skillet.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until well combined and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the pan and scramble. Once cooked, remove and set to the side.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan.
- Add the scallions, mushrooms, and carrots, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, ginger, and garlic to the pan. Sauté for about 1 minute. It will start to smell really good!
- Add the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and toasted sesame oil.
- Stir well and add the cauliflower rice. Saute the rice for about 8 minutes until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the scrambled eggs.
- Season to taste!
* You can also use a bag of organic frozen peas and carrots – just steam prior to adding to skillet
Keywords: Cauliflower Fried Rice, Healthy Fried Rice